Monday, July 16, 2007

The Weekend Report

This weekend we actually did some stuff. Pay attention. Around noon on Saturday Alexis and I went to a meet-n-greet for a local Labrador Rescue foundation at a pet store. We have been thinking about getting another dog and we knew one we were interested in was going to be there so we went to have a look. The dog was really good. She and Ace got along really well. The next day a volunteer with the lab rescue came by to take a look at our house and make sure it was good enough for a stray dog. We were once again deemed good enough to own a stray dog, so sometime soon Alexis and I will have two big dogs. The dog is a yellow female lab, seemingly laid back, and about ten pounds lighter than Ace. She was found wondering the streets in Denton County and was picked up from there. She was a good dog, but could use some simple training, nothing Alexis and I can't handle. We are not yet sure what we are going to name her. Please submit your ideas to us and if we use your idea for a name, you will win eleventy billion dollars. Good luck.

Saturday afternoon brought a day of golf for me. I went with Andrew and Chris. None of us are any good, and we know it. But we still wanted to get out while there was no rain and play a round. We decided that in the interest of time, we would just play the best ball. That worked out OK but usually there was nothing good about playing the best ball, usually all of our shots were bad. We would have the occasional good shot, which kept us interested.

That night Alexis met up with us and all of us went out to dinner with Chris' parents. Chris just got a promotion so we were out celebrating. The food was good.

At dinner I ordered the baby back ribs. I thought they were good and that I would try and make my own. How hard could it be, we have a grill. So on Sunday before the lab rescue lady came by I went to the store and bought some baby back ribs. All of the recipes I found called for you to boil the ribs before you grilled them. I figured you could just grill them. Anyway I decided to boil the ribs for about an hour. I threw in some bay leaves, onion, cracked pepper and mashed garlic. An hour and a half later, after they had been boiled and then finished on the grill, they were done. The verdict from Alexis was that they were great. I agreed. So whoever comes to visit, be warned, you are getting the ribs. And you will like it.

I would also like to thank Daryl, Diana, Brynna and Rocky who were nice enough to let me stay at there house and feed me pizza. I had to go to San Antonio for work and I stayed with them. While I was there,I heard Daryl say something along the lines of how he is really starting to like Texas Tech. Good for him.

Alexis, posted some new pictures incase you forgot what we look like. Also, one of these days we will take pictures of the new casa.

No comments: