Friday, November 2, 2007

Brett Won Season Tickets to the Rangers?!

Yes, I won season tickets to the Texas Rangers. I won them through a radio contest where you call in once every hour and offer something to trade for the tickets. At the end of the day the radio guys decide who had the best stuff to trade for. Well they picked me. So I won two season tickets for the Rangers' '08 season and a parking pass for all 81 home games. Sounds great doesn't it?

Well what I offered to trade was the catch. I offered Alexis' car. I wasn't sure on the value of the car so I thought it might be a good trade plus we are thinking about buying Alexis a new one. But I did not run this by her before I offered it up. When she got home I told her was was going on and she kind of laughed, but after a little convincing she was behind the whole thing. A little nervous, but behind it. We found out at 5:30 that I had won, and the tickets were ours. That night we went car shopping because we had to give them the car by the 9th of this month. Everything seemed to be in order.

Then we were able to sleep on it. And isn't it funny how choices that seem good at first only need a few hours of sleep to not be nearly as good. When I got to work the next morning, I looked to see where the seats were, they weren't great. I knew how much the value of the tickets was so I looked up the value of her car to compare. I thought her car would be worth more, but not much more. As it turns out her car was worth 2 or 3 times more than the tickets. Good thing I checked. I called Alexis at school and told her that we weren't going to keep the tickets, I got no complaints from her.

Anyway I called the station and I am no longer a Rangers season ticket holder. So close, but no. Weird story, huh?

One last thing. We will put up our Halloween pictures sometime this weekend, and some pictures of what Ace does when we aren't home.

3 comments:

Daryl & Diana said...

Wow, Brett! I don't know what to say to that, except that I think you made the right choice. It was a fun thought, though.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great post! It's high quality. ebay tickets selling I have been reading your website for a long time already and it's the first time I comment. Keep up the very good work and keep delivering high value!

Listeasy2010 said...

Nice post. I enjoy this post gorgeously with all of my friends.Good Listeasy information here.I really enjoy reading them every day. I've learned a lot from them.