Tuesday, November 27, 2007

We are Thankful for...

Thanksgiving has come and gone. Five days in a row of football sure is good for you. This Thanksgiving Alexis and I headed down Friendswood way to spend the holiday with her parents. We left on Wednesday and after five hours of driving, we arrived. That night we decided to go out to a bar with her little sister since she just turned 21, and my favorite cover band of all-time was playing, Strippers Lie. We had a good time. Thursday brought two things; good food, and the first of five days in a row of football. Dinner was great. It featured the Turkey Day staple, turkey. We also had broccoli casserole, green bean casserole, jell-o salad, stuffing balls, mashed potatoes, and other stuff that I can't remember.

For some reason Alexis, her mom and sister went shopping on Friday. I don't know why it's called Black Friday, I think Red Friday is more appropriate since many shoppers may plummet further and further into debt all in the name of 'saving money'. I don't get it. They were gone for the better part of the day, having a girl's day. Sonny and I watched football, then I went to my parents house to watch football. That evening the girl's got home around 6:30 after being gone for hours, all was well though. They returned bearing gifts and pizza.

Saturday night Alexis and I spent the evening with my parents. They treated us to a great dinner at Pappa's Seafood House. The weekend was nice and relaxing, a good way to spend the Holidays.

No comments: