Tuesday, January 27, 2009

W

Time to stop down from getting you caught up and let you in on something that just happened.

Usually at lunch I go to the gym for a nice mid-day work out followed by a quick sandwich at my desk when I return. Today was going to be different. I had a Bible study that I was going to join in instead so I brought no work out clothes. The guy who was supposed to come in and lead the Bible study canceled. So I was left to my own devices for lunch. Luckily one of my co-workers came by and asked me if I wanted to have lunch upstairs. I agreed and at 11:30 we made our way up to the company cafeteria.

We got our food and sat down at a table. About 15 minutes of uneventful lunch went by. Then a commotion began behind me where you enter the cafeteria. I turned around and there was Laura Bush. Then after further gazing into the crowd of co-workers I saw George W. Bush!

Now, all political opinions aside, if you ever have the chance to see the President in person, let alone speak to him and shake his hand, just about any red blooded American would jump at the opportunity. Red blooded American = Brett

He made his way into the common eating area, stopping at each table to shake each lunch-goer’s hand and greet him or her with a brief word. It was pretty cool to see him do that for everyone. Then he headed over to me and my co-worker. He shook our hands and we introduced ourselves.

Greeting everyone in the room seemed like second nature to him. There was nothing awkward about him at all. As he made his rounds more and more employees kept showing up as they became aware that he was here. He gladly greeted each of them as well.

It was a very cool experience. An experience that probably will not present itself too often in my life, so I was glad I was able to meet him.

No comments: