Thursday, February 1, 2007

Brett's New Job

After months of anticipation, I finally have a new job. As of Monday February 12th I will be a Landman for Devon. Finally. I turned in the resignation with EnCana on Tuesday and everything went over smoothly. Things just weren't working out here and I wasn't going to try to build my career on 'Maybe,' or 'In the future,' or ' You need to pay some dues first.' Not all was bad at EnCana, I did get a lot of exposure to the industry, but now its out to the front lines for me.

At Devon I will be a contract Feild Landman. This includes mineral title searches and research, leasing, and being the public's contact with the industry. As a Feild Landman I will basically be self employed. I will be able to work when and where I want. I am excited about the flexibility, but nervous about the added responsibility. I have plans to work towards gaining the title of Certified Professional Landman (CPL) which is the industry standard for professionalism, education, and experience. That's down the road though. This move is a big promotion for me and I couldn't be more thrilled.

No comments: