Friday, February 16, 2007

A Day in the Life of...

...Brett. That's right, I started a new job this week. It was a big promotion for me. So let me take a moment to run through a typical day with you.

8:30 arrive at work. I wear jeans and tennis shoes, and on Fridays I wear my Tech hat. It is really laid back. Once I start my work for the day I am responsible for running title to a particular lease that Devon has. Right now I am running the title on a lot that is only 1.939 acres. It is the minerals underneath their home. Running title means going back and researching each owner of the minerals since Texas granted it to the first private owner or until about 1900. We do this to make sure that the person we are paying for the minerals is in fact the rightful owner. It seems really dull, but it is difficult to figure out all of the owners and all of the stipulations of the deal when they made it. I like it. Anyway. Some times I have to go to the county courthouse to check the public records. It is right down the street so I just walk. Its good to get out of the office and get some air. At EnCana I was chained to m desk. so when lunch rolls around I go out to eat with my co-workers and take about an hour. Then its back to work and I leave around 4:30. That's it. It is a great job, low stress, good pay, and a casual work environment.

No comments: